To develop a clear methodology to size and to estimate COTS/ERP package implementations. These include standard software package like SAP, Oracle EBS and Siebel. Starting point is that there is standard functionality that has to be configured to match the organizational processes. Almost always, the software package does not support all of the organization processes and some custom-made software has to be developed. A typical COTS/ERP package implementation can be divided into three main parts:
- Standard functionality, out-of-the-box;
- Configuration and setting parameters for standard functionality;
- Development of custom-made software.
- Eric van der Vliet, CGI (chair)
- René Nijland, Capgemini
- Frank Vogelezang, Metri
- Draft EPA framework that is in review
- Method presented at IWSM Mensura 2012 conference in Assisi (paper / presentation)
Status of the committee:
The review comments are being processed and a final version of the framework is expected end December 2015. Please check the Publications page after this date to see if it is published.