In a world that is becoming more and more agile, metrics are an indispensible base for managing the essentials of your software project: quality, cost and time. Nesma provides you with valuable information about software metrics and measurements, and the way metrics support your road to successful and cost-effective software projects.
Your starting point for successful software projects
In the spotlight
- Online Software Cost Estimation Conference: on November 25 Nesma organizes a free online conference focused on Software Cost Estimation and the need for sizing. Click here for more information about the conference. Presentations of the conference will be made available at SlideShare. Presentation recordings will be made available on YouTube.
- Nesma would like to receive your feedback on a poll. Please response with what should be the main focus of Nesma in 2021 – 2025. Click here to go to the poll in LinkedIN.
- Eureka has resumed taking the CFPA examn. This is possible by taking extra measures, such as keeping a distance. Click here to read more how they do that (in Dutch).
- Applying the Nesma counting guidelines to web and internet development: Remco van Beek of the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration (Belastingdienst) and his colleagues are developing an approach for the application of Nesma counting guidelines in Web and Internet development. They would like to share this approach with other function point analysts. In a knowledge-sharing session to be scheduled this spring, the participants will exchange their knowledge and experiences in this field. Click here for more information about the session and registration.
- New version of the user guide for FPA in software enhancement projects: recently Nesma has published an updated version of the user guide for the application of Function Point Analysis in software enhancement projects, both in English and in Dutch. The new versions can be downloaded free of charge from the Documents section of the website.
Sizing and more
Nesma has its origin in measuring the size of software. Today, size and other metrics form the base for many activities that play a role in successful and cost-effective software projects.
SW Cost Estimating
Software Cost Estimation becomes a discipline in IT. Together with ICEAA, Nesma is involved in establishing a Software Cost Estimating Body of Knowledge (SCEBoK). The release is expected early in 2021.
Nesma offers a combination of both free and paid publications that are helpful for you as a metrics professional. Take a look at these publications and raise your level of knowledge!
There are no upcoming events at this time.