In a world that is becoming more and more agile, metrics are an indispensible base for managing the essentials of your software project: quality, cost and time. Nesma provides you with valuable information about software metrics and measurements, and the way metrics support your road to successful and cost-effective software projects.
Your starting point for successful software projects
In the spotlight
- The value of professional Cost Estimation for IT and Software projects: The mission of the International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association (ICEAA) is to promote and enhance the profession of cost estimation and analysis for systems engineering and has been successful in that for more than 10 years. An area that is often part of system engineering but that requires specific attention is the IT market and software projects. To support the profession of cost estimation for IT and software projects, ICEAA started a new initiative named ICEAA SW. Click here to read more about this new initiative.
- Price reduction Nesma 2.3 FPA standard: The price of the Nesma 2.3 FPA standard hardcopy has now temporarily been reduced from €99,- to €49,- so make sure to order your copy via this link.
- New practice examples: The Counting Practices Committee has released four new examples how real-life situations should be counted, like complex output products, authentication, high-performant databases and a banking app. Download the new examples here (or here in Dutch).
- NEN for insight in Agile software development results: Richard Sweer, member of the Nesma counting practice, has submitted a project proposal at the NEN commission System and Software Engineering for the development of a model that will provide objective insight in the output of Agile teams. He would like to share this experience with other companies and organizations. Click here for more information.
- New guide criteria for measurable documents: This document (Dutch language) describes some criteria to determine if your documents can be used for functional sizing methods. The document can be download via this link.
Sizing and more
Nesma has its origin in measuring the size of software. Today, size and other metrics form the base for many activities that play a role in successful and cost-effective software projects.
SW Cost Estimating
Software Cost Estimation becomes a discipline in IT. Together with ICEAA, Nesma is involved in establishing a Software Cost Estimating Body of Knowledge (SCEBoK). The release is expected early in 2021.
Nesma offers a combination of both free and paid publications that are helpful for you as a metrics professional. Take a look at these publications and raise your level of knowledge!