Nesma homepage Forums Sizing Sizing – FPA Is Enhancement FPA part of the Nesma standard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ye olde Phorum
    Participant

I read a publication somewhere that Enhancement FPA is part of the Nesma standard. Is that true? I always thought it was a separate document.

Andreas Schuderer
    Participant

Both, actually. Enhancement is part of the original NESMA functional sizing standard (section 3.6.3). The description there is somewhat concise. An additional guideline document exists, as well. It gives more detail on how to count what cases, but it is NOT part of the standard: The resulting function points of the second guideline (“EFP”) are not equivalent to the function points of the original sizing standard (“PFP” – “Project Function Points”).

NESMA is aware that sizers need more guiding when counting enhancement using the standard (“PFP”). On the old NESMA site, there have been minutes and forum posts which explained that this is known and gave some initial guidance, but they are all gone now. If anyone from NESMA can point me to the current state of affairs, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: I’ve just noticed that it’s you, Frank. Certainly, you must know all of what I’ve written already? Were you hoping for an “official” reaction?

Frank Vogelezang
    Keymaster

This was one of the questions from the old forum that we considered worth reposting, since there are a lot of questions about it, especially from outside the Netherlands.

Andreas Schuderer
    Participant

Haha, “Ye olde Phorum.” Phunny.

While you’re at it, please also consider the questions dealing with errata/addenda on the sizing standard (including sub-links):
    http://forum.nesma.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=100

And if you happen to know where the meeting minutes have gone on the new site, I’d greatly appreciate a pointer. I’ve been looking for wording of the 2013 decision about how when you’re counting according to 3.6.3, and an internal/external file changes, the transactions that use it don’t necessarily automatically change, too.

Frank Vogelezang
    Keymaster

The meeting minutes of the experienced analysts round-table (in Dutch) can be found at Publications > Member documents > Meeting minutes.

I will have a look into the other topics for reposting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.