Nesma-Homepage Foren Auslagerung Wie man Produktivität und Innovation kombiniert

Anzeigen 4 Beiträge - 1 durch 4 (von 4 gesamt)
  • Autor
    Ian Alyss
    Teilnehmer

We need a new inventory and warehouse management system. We have run a package selection process and we have concluded that none of the available solutions fits our needs. The big ERP solutions have too much functionality and are way too expensive. The more affordable solutions cannot handle the required ordervolume. Therefore we want to select a vendor that can build us a bespoke solution.

How can we select a vendor that offers good value for money (high productivity) but at the same time make sure that we get the most innovative solution that is available. Should we only look for local Irish companies or should we look at European or Global players as well?

Any suggestions welcome.

Ian, this is a very interesting question, at least the innovation part. Measuring and benchmarking productivity is not that hard and there are many useful references here on the Nesma site that can help you with that, like for instance the Mini Guides that are currently being written by the Nesma working group FPA in Contract(ing) (Verknüpfung)

To measure the innovativeness is another question. This seems to be a major measurement problem, and as always I would like to recommend the book ‘How to measure anythingby Douglas Hubbard for any measurement challenge. Reading this book will certainly help you to solve that problem.

In addition of innovativeness, I recommend that you also keep an eye on the extent to which the solution is future proof. I am witnessing a lot of complete redevelopments of major applications these days that were considered to be very innovative not even a long time ago. Now they need to be replaced, either because the supplier of the technology does not support the technology any longer, or because it is impossible or extremely expensive to find skilled personnel that can maintain that technology.

I hope this is helpful.

Jacqueline Eshuis
    Teilnehmer

The most innovative solution I have seen is IBM Watson. You can upload files with data and it will be analyzed by the Watson. Graphs and slides will be created automatically or can be made based on questions you ask Watson in a natural language.

At this moment it is still excel or csv files that can be uploaded, but it looks very good.

Hans Kuijpers
    Teilnehmer

Ian, Ein weiterer Ansatz, der hilft, innovativ zu sein, ist die Entwicklung flexibler, leicht zu ändernder Software. Wenn Sie Software modular aufbauen und der Code gut wartbar ist, ist es einfach, die Funktionalität so zu ändern, wie es das Unternehmen wünscht. Time-to-Market ist besser für gut wartbare Software.

Da ist ein empirische Studie dieser Beziehung, wo ein Fünf-Sterne-System besser wartbar ist als ein Ein-Sterne-System. Die Vorteile für das Unternehmen sind offensichtlich und bedeutend für besser wartbare Systeme.

Endlich: Scheuen Sie sich nicht, maßgeschneiderte Software zu entwickeln. Wenn keine Paketlösung Ihren Anforderungen entspricht, Wählen Sie kein Paket aus. Besser Sie entscheiden sich für 100% maßgeschneidert, dann haben Sie neben Ihrer Paketlösung jede Menge maßgeschneiderte Software.

Anzeigen 4 Beiträge - 1 durch 4 (von 4 gesamt)
  • Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.